Bharatiya Jain Sanghatana and the Municipal Corporations of Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad have joined hands to make the COVID-19 vaccination program a successful Jan Andolan through people’s participation. Activities include large-scale awareness campaigns using multiple media platforms, site management and citizen support at government vaccination centres, and post-vaccination follow-up of citizens. This unique program is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Force Motors, Desh Apnayen, CREDAI-MCHI and StepOne.
“BJS has always been at the forefront of mitigating the impact of disasters through our relief and rehabilitation work for the past four decades. Even at this time when COVID-19 is affecting millions of people in India, I feel it’s my responsibility as a social entrepreneur to support the government and citizens in the world’s largest vaccination program. It is important to leverage public participation through Mission Lasikaran in order to make the mass vaccination program a successful Jan Andolan in India. I am vaccinated and I urge all eligible citizens to come forward and get vaccinated. I also appeal to other citizens to spread awareness and help me and ourselves to protect everyone around us.”"
- Shantilal Muttha.
Bharatiya Jain Sanghatana has implemented large-scale COVID mitigation programs since March 2020. During the lockdown, BJS conducted free doorstep health checks of nearly 23 lakh citizens helping to identify suspected COVID cases.
“Swagat Kaksh” or Help Desk is an initiative of Bharatiya Jain Sanghatana. This program has
been designed to assist Municipal Corporations and Councils across Maharashtra for a smooth implementation of the COVID vaccination process.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Government of India has prioritised the most at-risk/high-risk groups which will get the vaccine first. Refer to the frequently asked questions to get resolve all your queries related to vaccination.
Testimonials & Video Gallery
- Development of creatives and IEC material, approved by the government
- Large-scale awareness campaign using social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp etc.
- Sharing of creatives/IEC material with Municipal Corporations across Maharashtra for dissemination through their social media handles, VMDs etc.
- Vaccination centre-based awareness campaigns using creatives and IEC material for distribution to citizens, audio-visuals, selfie-points etc.
- Prachar Raths in select high-priority areas
- Highly visible electronic and print media awareness drive on authentic vaccination-related information through interviews/talk shows featuring experts/leaders
- Help desk and volunteers to assist citizens with their vaccination-related queries
- Information about the vaccination process, assistance for registration etc.
- Site management to ensure a smooth vaccination process for citizens
- Public announcements on the vaccination process and for crowd control
- Display and distribution of vaccination-related public awareness material
- Assistance to senior and co-morbid citizens arriving at the centre
- Structured follow-up of all vaccinated citizens using StepOne technology platform
- Doctor’s call to citizens who report AEFIs
- Escalation to government health authorities, if needed.
Android App Link
Bharatiya Jain Sanghatana, Level 8,
Muttha Chambers II, Senapati Bapat Marg,
Pune-411016 (Maharashtra), India